- Applicant does not meet the eligibility requirements for Pathways 1-5.
In addition, to meet the requirements for Pathway 6:
- Applicant’s clinical skills must be observed and evaluated by licensed physicians in six real, in-person clinical encounters using the ECFMG Mini-CEX for Pathway 6.
- Each encounter must be evaluated by an individual licensed physician who meets the Criteria for Acceptable Physician Evaluators below.
- Each encounter must meet the Criteria for Acceptable Clinical Encounters below.
- Each individual physician evaluator may evaluate no more than two of the applicant’s six encounters.
- An electronic ECFMG Mini-CEX for Pathway 6 must be submitted to ECFMG for each clinical encounter by the evaluating physician through ECFMG’s Clinical Skills Evaluation and Attestation Portal.
- For all six clinical encounters, applicant must obtain an acceptable score in each of the four clinical skills components evaluated using the Mini-CEX for Pathway 6: Medical Interviewing Skills, Physical Examination Skills, Professionalism/Communication Skills, and Clinical Reasoning & Judgment.
In addition to the requirements listed above, the applicant must meet the requirements in General Eligibility for All Pathways and Assessment of Communication Skills, Including English Language Proficiency, as well as all other eligibility requirements for ECFMG Certification.