Criteria for Acceptable Clinical Encounters
Each of the six clinical encounters in which you are observed must:
- Be a real, in-person clinical encounter. Telemedicine, virtual, and standardized patient encounters will not be accepted.
- Take place in a formal clinical setting such as an outpatient office, an urgent care clinic, an emergency room, or a hospital.
- Be primary care/general practice in nature and not subspecialized.
- Focus on the diagnosis and treatment of acute and/or chronic illnesses in a primary care setting, such as general internal medicine, family medicine, pediatrics, or obstetrics and gynecology, in which each of the four components of the Mini-CEX (Medical Interviewing Skills, Physical Examination Skills, Professionalism/Communication Skills, Clinical Reasoning & Judgment) can be assessed.
- Be one for which the patient has granted permission to be observed.
- Occur after you submit your on-line application to Pathway 6 and after the physician evaluator has accepted your request for evaluation through the on-line application system.
In addition, please note that the encounter may be conducted in the language of the patient; however, the Mini-CEX evaluation must be submitted in English.
It is your responsibility to ensure that all of your clinical encounters meet these criteria.
In addition, you must take all steps necessary to ensure that each clinical encounter is conducted in compliance with all applicable licensure, regulatory, and/or legal requirements. You will be required to extend absolute immunity to ECFMG and indemnify and hold harmless ECFMG for any of your actions, intentional or otherwise, that are a part of the clinical encounter and the Mini-CEX assessment process.
You will be required to attest to this at the time you submit each physician’s information to ECFMG.
>Study Guides and Mnemonics by systems
>Timed patient note, Test your progress
>Save time studying & Watch Videos with your favorite textbook.
>Propel to the top of your class with CS Exam Videos that simulate the entire encounter
step 2 usmle and is best prepared for with csevideo
USMLE STEP 2 CS CLINICAL SKILLS EXAM VIDEOS